My Crazy Family

My Crazy Family
photo taken by Reno Morgan

Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Friday Tornadoes


The National Weather Service is currently rating the tornado that devastated portions of Murfreesboro Friday a category EF3, with windings ranging from 136 to 165 miles per hour.Preliminary results from an aerial survey show that the path of the tornado was 15 miles. The maximum width of the tornado was half a mile.

(taken from the Murfreesboro Post)

If you are able to make the picture a little bigger, we are located in the Barfield area. Lucky for us, we weren't in its path. Jim, Lily, Mark and I weren't in Murfreesboro when it happened. Good Friday had the kids out of school and Jim and I were at work. This was a very bad storm that left our town devastated.



(took with my camera phone from the car)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... didn't realize this happened. thanks for the post. Glad you are alright!