My Crazy Family

My Crazy Family
photo taken by Reno Morgan

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!!!

To everyone We wish a Happy, Healthy and Fabulous 2009. I have a good feeling that it's going to be a great year!

Last year my resolution for 2008 were:
  • Give more to charities
  • Grow spiritually
  • Focus on the positive/glass half empty
  • Continue to be a great mother
  • Get Mark's room complete

That was the jist. My list consisted of mostly selfless acts. I definitely followed my resolutions well last year and although I don't regret anything, I feel like I should be a bit more selfish so *I* can be a little happier. So here are my 2009 resolutions:

  • Take more time for myself - even if it's just to go to the grocery without the kids once.
  • Finish One book - My friend suggested Shopoholic
  • Visit at least 3 new states with the kids
  • Take a family trip that lasts longer than a weekend
  • Give it all I can at work - I've taken off a lot, but I'm up for a promotion and I feel if it doesn't happen I will slack off a little. I need to maintain my repect and love for what I do.
  • Finish a home project
  • Maintain my loving and kind behavior without being a complete chump. I'm tired of being taken advantage of.

I will always continue to be a great mother and wife and my family will always come first, but I'm excited to think about myself a little more this year. I will continue to give to charities. I will continue to be a great friend. I am always on the go and i'm ready to slow down just a bit. Lily was talking about wanting a telescope for her birthday. I love astronomy! How awesome would it be to teach her and do projects together!

Time to play with Mark! I hope everyone has a Great New Years!

Love to All!!!

Courtney

xoxo

No comments: