My Crazy Family

My Crazy Family
photo taken by Reno Morgan

Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Fun

Good Morning All!

Today is Monday, October 24th and it's about 60 degrees in Nashville, BUT they said it was going to get up to around 75 today. I seriously feel bad for letting my son talk me into letting him wear a flannel shirt and long pants and should have been a better parent by pushing harder towards a short sleeve cotton tee, but instead I took the high road and said "FINE, wear that shirt, sweat all day if you want!" Yep...one of those mornings.

The weekend was great. We carved pumpkins, went to the zoo, had our family pictures made and I even got in a little bit of cleaning. I unpacked 12 boxes...TWELVE! You may be thinking "you've lived there how long now?" Yes, I know I've been in the house 3 months - almost 4, but it is a lot harder unpacking boxes and finding places for everything. 4 hours spent on Saturday solely to the office and it is almost box-less. It feels amazing. Todays chore day may be more than my usual 30 minutes, but it is worth it to pick up the slack from the weekend.

Saturday evening was spent carving pumpkins. We met Camila's new boyfriend, Matt and he joined us in the fun activity. Sunday we woke up early and headed over to Oakland's Mansion where we met Kate for family pictures. We finished up the day at the zoo and the kids were in bed by 9:30.

Pictures below from our fun weekend.








This is Jim & my pumpkin :) He said draw the face and he would cut it. He didn't tell me what kind of face to draw...
Our pumpkin family

Elizabeth & Mommy messing around with the camera.
What one does, the other must follow...
Elizabeth posing in her costume - love this little girl
 Madagasca penguins at the zoo!




Mark meets an owl

No comments: