My Crazy Family

My Crazy Family
photo taken by Reno Morgan

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wrapping things up at work...

Work has become extremely stressful the last few months. I went from being an Office Manager, kind of a lone wolf handling payroll, out of the limelight in this huge multi-million dollar sales company to a Branch Manager building up a new office. I did both jobs for about 3 months until I finally hired a new Office Coordinator to handle one of the other jobs I had. This has been a huge load off of this 9 month along pregnant woman. I've worked extremely hard for this company and look forward to 9 weeks off when baby morgan is born. Of course with laptop and cell phone at my side =)

It's been a rollercoaster ride since January building up my sales team, hiring and firing candidates to find that right fit. We are definitely where we need to be. This is going to be a fantastic week in sales....and right before I leave for Maternity! I can't be any prouder of my team than I am today. They have worked really hard (possibly some whining along the way) to get to where they are. I can confidentaly say that I trust them to work without me constantly over their shoulder.

What does this mean for me? I can actually go on Maternity leave on Friday IF I want to! The doctor has mentioned to me on many occasions that I really should take off 2 weeks before I give birth, but I have blown him off due to the fact that i know I Need to be here. Even with this new found sense of accomplishment, I know I will still have to work from home. But just the fact that I can trust my team to work solo makes me for a very happy Manager!

Other than that, today is a very good day. The baby isn't sitting on my nerve right now, so i'm able to work pretty comfortably. I'm always grateful for a pain-free moment!

xoxo

No comments: