My Crazy Family

My Crazy Family
photo taken by Reno Morgan

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

As I look at website after website for the perfect Christmas gifts for my family, I realize how absolutely Thankful I am to be in a position to afford gifts or anything extra for that matter. This economy has hurt a lot of lives and unfortunately I am witness to it everyday at work. I can't tell you how many folks with degrees, years and years of experience and even a CPA can't find work at a decent wage or worse...can't find work at all. It makes me sad. I wish I could find each and every one of them a job. I had a candidate grateful I found her a $10/hour position for 3 days. It makes me feel completely selfish to keep any extra money I make. I have had my share of living on unemployment, spouse having two jobs and eating Ramen noodles for dinner. It's just something you do from time to time, but it isn't the ideal.

This year I will be sharing Christmas with a few charities and hopefully adopting a family. I will have Lily come with me to a children's home and the children's hospital to deliver some goodies. I think she's understand the true meaning of Christmas :)

I am extremely thankful for everything I have. Thank you for my car and my house and my job and my family and my health. I'm thankful I can go buy a shirt or go get a pedicure because i'm having a bad day. I'm thankful I can buy food everyday because I can't seem to remember to bring my lunch to work. I'm thankful I can afford multiple dr appointments because my children get strep & ear infections. I'm thankful I don't have to look at my bank account often because a month will go by and I will completely forget. I am thankful I don't have any worries right now, so I can focus my time on helping others because that's what I would be doing anyway.

To everyone struggling, I am so very sorry and I just hope that things turn around really soon! It's not happening to every industry, that's why my company is so successful. I have lots of advice, I can write a resume, I can teach computer skills, I can give interviewing tips...I wish I could do more and would definitely try! Don't give up! Its going to turn around soon.

No comments: